District 5300 will be holding its first Rotary Leadership Institute (RLI) session on Saturday August 26th! RLI is currently being used in 394 districts around the world and has impacted their member effectiveness and retention in a big way. I am expecting that it will have the same effect on ours.
Since the program is new to our district, I suppose a quick explanation is in order. The primary goals of Rotary Leadership Institute are to:
- Train and build depth in our club members
- Fast track the on-boarding process of our new members
- Expose attendees to the bigger picture of Rotary and inspire them with stories of Rotarians who are making a difference in their communities.
Here’s how it works:
• The basic RLI program is composed of three – one day training events
• Each training day is a stand-alone event that has 5 or 6, fifty minute sessions run by highly experienced, motivated Rotarians. Each session is designed to expose the participants to the larger world of Rotary and teach basic leadership skills that apply not only to Rotary, but to all aspects of life.
• The sessions keep lecturing to a minimum. They’re highly interactive – discussion groups, role-playing, problem solving workshops, group planning exercises, etc. It’s a fun and engaging way to learn. The program will motivate the participants to be enthusiastic, creative and dedicated Rotarians.
All members, especially club leadership and new members are encouraged to join us as we make our first RLI sessions available on Saturday, August 26, 2017.
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m.
The event will start at 9:00 a.m. and end by 5:00 p.m.
The Apple Valley School District
12555 Navajo Rd.
Apple Valley, CA 92308